Thursday, April 23, 2015

I am a woman. I do not suffer from gender confusion.
I no longer think that because I could think like a man I can do like a man.
I can't do all of the work a man can do just because I can watch him do it
and understand what he is doing.
I am not a man.
I do not have a man's body.
I have wide hips, narrow shoulders, a small waist and thin arms.
I am 5'5" tall and weigh 130 lbs on average, give or take 5 lbs.
I am not overweight or underweight. Some people guess my
weight at 115 lbs probably because I have small bones and frame.
I do not have the triangle shape of a man.
I cannot and do not lift heavy weights.
When I was younger, in my teens, 20's and 30s I did lift things that were
heavier than I should have. I was younger and stronger and believed in
the myth of equality, that women and men are built equal and can do
the same things. I knew the typical man earned more money in their
typical professions, many including hard manual labor so I worked at
a few jobs normally performed by men including painting houses, working
on cars (mechanical work), electrical work, moving heavy appliances,
firewood and furniture so I could earn more money.
I could do some of the same work that men did but I did not earn
more money.
I ended up as I am now, a 53 year old caucasian female with a broken back.
Light housework, cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry, yardwork (using a
small push lawn mower only), sweeping with a broom, doing dishes are
what I am reduced to doing.
I can't use a weed eater or a blower, they are too heavy for me to hold
onto and cause severe back pain. I can barely lift a vacuum cleaner to haul
it up and down the stairs so I rarely use one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...