Sunday, December 9, 2018

the news keeps me from living my life as i want to live it

the news keeps me from living my life as i want to live it
it will consume my thoughts if i allow it
by its words inducing feelings and emotions
it will take over my being through osmosis
if i pay attention to it

if i focus upon the news
it will eat up my life
it will steal the joy, the happiness
the meaning of life itself

it is a destroyer
it is destructive and time consuming
it never pays me back with money, good feelings,
internal motivation, intrinsic good feelings
and a desire to live a good life, to be happy and fulfilled

the news takes up my time and precious energy
directs my thoughts towards things i do not want
destroying my creativity, my ability to create what i want
and enslave me, making me a slave to what it wants by
controlling my thoughts

the news is a thief stealing the moment of now with
what happened in the past
destroying hope of happiness for the future

it is a robber, a burglar, a criminal robbing the mind
and creates a convict, felon, prisoner, prison inmate
because it is enslaved and desires to make others slaves like itself

it gives me nothing that feels good
it simply takes up my time
and laughs as it knows i suffer along with it
due to its lies and focus on negativity

9-24-2017
Sarah Wilson-Stillwell





No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...