Thursday, February 14, 2019

Blame shifting and denial: Oldest survival tactics to avoid pain and punishment.

Blame shifting and denial: Oldest survival tactics to avoid pain and punishment.

Person says or does something they know they shouldn't do and says:
It was magic.
It wasn't me.
I didn't do it.
I don't know how that happened.
Everyone does that.
It's not my fault.
Somebody else must have done it.
I'm not the only one who makes messes, mistakes,
breaks things, etcetera.
I said/did what?? You're crazy.
I forgot.
I may have said that. I don't remember.

Sometimes (or often times) a weak apology of
"I'm sorry" is stated and/or
the guilty party gives the victim a
present or performs a nice deed
for them
then
the same incident happens and
they apologize again only to repeat
the same or similar acts again and again
with an occasional
"I love you" or "I didn't mean that"
"I didn't say that" "I meant this or that"
 thrown in to offset the damage done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...