Thursday, March 20, 2014

Independent. Self-reliant. If I can't work and earn enough money to pay all of the bills and take care of all of my needs I might as well die. The dead don't require maintenance, they don't breathe or move or need to eat or drink.
     If I were living in the wild I'd have been dead long ago due to one or more physical and mental defects, also known as disabilities, that make me unable to keep up with others. I'm not fast enough nor strong enough to run with the pack. I can't keep up.
     At a very young age I realized that there were many more people who could outrun me and overpower me so I developed a survival tactic by being non-competitive. Why compete with someone else when I know I can't win? Competing and fighting in games designed by humans tries to prove that one is better than the other. There can only be one winner.
     The truth is the only person I compete with is myself. As far as others are concerned I cooperate as long they respect my individuality. I take note of their endearing qualities, their natural talents and independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...