Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tired of talking

Tired of talking. Most don't listen or act like they believe me. No one does anything about it.
I've told friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, doctors and strangers. No one has done or
will do anything about anything.
I get useless advice. I see that look of disbelief over and over again on many faces.
The smirks, the smiles, the jaw drops and "Oh, I can't believe he would say THAT or
do THAT! Him, he's so mild-mannered."
There are no bruises or broken bones --yet. He is careful to keep his insulting remarks
and criticism to a minimum in public, meaning when anyone else is around us, so there is no
visible evidence of abuse and no audio or video recordings of the daily attacks that occur
primarily at home or while riding in a vehicle.  We rarely have visitors but that is one huge
reason I love to be in the company of others, at least can I feel somewhat safe and halfway
normal if a third party is around. I can sort of relax even if it's only for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment