Thursday, March 9, 2017

To my mother-in-law goddess patricia ann williams haynie mertz williams

To my mother-in-law goddess patricia ann williams haynie mertz williams

i am 55 you are 73
7-7-61 / 10-4-43
at age 21 i looked up to you
an idol, you were to me

i tried to do what you do, to keep up with you
i failed
i finally realized the biggest mistake i made
is trying to be like someone else

i am not you
you are not me and never will be
and i would bet that you never wanted to be like me
you never looked up to or idolized me like i did you

my mom's mom (my maternal grandmother)
always told me to just be yourself
when i asked her what i should be
i didn't know what that was
so throughout my entire life i tried to be as good as
someone else but i never was

i often made the mistake of comparing myself to others
competing when i was a child and a teenager, a young adult
and an adult,  but i always failed
there were always people better at any thing i did
no matter how hard i tried

i wanted to have your strength, your energy and vitality
i wanted to have your beauty, grace, eloquence, flamboyance and friends
but i don't

i thank you for being your bright, shining self
i thank you for inspiring me in my search for understanding and spirituality
by telling me about books such as The Key To Yourself by Venice J. Bloodwort
when i was 21 years of age

i thank you for giving me a car when i was 21, buying a baby crib and baby clothes for my son, the many
Christmas gifts for me, my sons, your son and many other people

i thank you for the many beautiful and enjoyable holiday celebrations of lunch and dinner
you provided

you are an inspiration for life


sarah wilson montgomery mertz stillwell

november 4, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...