Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I will be so happy when this 50 plus year old carpet is removed out of my bedroom in this house.

I will be so happy when this 50 plus year old carpet is removed out of my bedroom in this house.
It is old, dirty, filthy, not cleanable, rotten, disgusting, moldy, full of germs, microbes,
particles of everything imaginable embedded into its sickening self.

I have been asking my husband for his "permission" to get rid of this carpeting for over 20 years.
"Permission" I say because whatever I start to physically do he takes immediate control and
stops me from doing it if he doesn't agree with what I want to do.

He is reluctant to do it because of the fear of what he might find in the condition of the floor and
because he knows not only does the floor need to be replaced, the entire bedroom--
ceiling, walls, floors and windows needs to be gutted out and replaced with new materials.

As usual, it's all about the money. It's not about my health, what I want or my well-being.

This room and this house keeps me continually sick. Carpeting, rugs, inadequate ventilation,
no attic, no furnace, no central air conditioning (just 3 window a/c units), water coming in
the partial basement areas when it rains all contribute to mold, mildew and who knows what
else.

No comments:

Post a Comment