Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Places I go anymore are making me cry or losing my interest

 Today stopped at majr thrift store raytown missouri after I was done going to two food pantries and getting gasoline in my van.

 I cried again like i always do anymore when i pulled into the parking lot. Memories flood me of when i used to bring my grandson in there. It is one of the places we shopped many times. 

We walked and walked in many places, many neighborhoods. We would find things on the ground, in the street, on the curb sunday night the day before trash day when he lived with his mom and dad on stark avenue at bannister road in kansas city, missouri.

Many more places we went together include Hyvee, price chopper , family thrift, goodwill, red racks, sunnyside park, c lee kenagy park raytown mo, george owens park,  lea mckeighan park south in lees summit mo, bannister park, james a reed park, clothier park

red robin restaurant, mcdonalds , burger king, wendys, hardees, arbys, dennys, ihop, olive garden, perkins, chilis, dollar tree, cvs, walmart, qt quiktrip,  target, lowes, best buy, vintage stock,  independence center, 

Olive cafe, laundrymat laundromat robandee center, 

Window shopping is what I did at Majr Thrift tonight. Walked thru, didnt want a thing. Typical of me these days.  Remembered shopping for and finding many things for me and my grandson. The black leather kids jacket, the bright yellow firemans raincoat, the brand new with tags all red teddy bear in the stuffed animal bin, the special handmade pillows shaped like a sailboat and rainbow, toys and vacuums and sweepers he wanted. The time he cried and screamed because I would not put 4 quarters a whole dollar in the gumball machine by the exit door for some plastic toy he wanted. I have put plenty of quarters in those machines for him for toys not candy or gum.

Hyvee close by majr thrift in Raytown I just went in , grabbed the grocery store ad and a handful of losing lottery tickets out of the trash can next to and between the lottery machines. I used to bring my grandson in there, pushed him around in the kids grocery carts with steering wheels, get him a free piece of fruit he always got a banana and a free cookie back in the bakery department.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...