Monday, January 20, 2020

My father, Gilbert John Wilson, Sr. 7-17-1927 to 1-28-2003 A tribute.

My father, Gilbert John Wilson, Sr.
7-17-1927 to 1-28-2003
A tribute.

Big-hearted, kind, warm and had a soft heart.
Easily brought to tears.
Didn't know a stranger.
He brought people together instead of pushing them apart.
We had many family get-togethers for holidays and dinners.

Real. Genuine. Unique. Bold. Confident. Generous. Adventurous.
Curious. Intelligent. Informed.
Supportive. Understanding.
Always reading, learning, sharing, helping others.
He taught me that we are all free spirits. We have unique paths
and make our own choices.

Had 10 kids and loved us all tremendously.

Taught me several things about cooking food.
Knew the best restaurants to eat at all of the Kansas City area
and took me and others out to eat.

My father taught me a few things about working on cars and a little about electricity.
I wasn't keen on being an electrician so I didn't pursue it.
I lean towards the art of dancing, writing, music, philosophy, psychology,
astrology, understanding of many things like religion and other
fields such as accounting, organizing, clean up, maintenance.

He had a wide variety of friends, associates, contacts and employees
from all cultures (today it is called races, which is incorrect as we are all
members of the human race).

Independent. Entrepreneur. 1969 started his own business Wilson Electric
and worked until the day before he died.

Dad was the center hub of the wheel of our family and his business associates.
When he passed it all fell apart. People drifted away from each other.

He was a 32nd degree Mason. Member of the Shriner's. Dad loved children and all people
and showed his love at home and wherever he went.

He never saw me dance to the music I love: disco, r&b, soul, hiphop,
hard rock. When he took me out we danced to country music, his favorite.

Do I miss him? Of course I do. But what has kept me going is knowing
that half of me is him. I see him in my two sons and in my two grandsons.
I see him in my brothers and sisters.
He lives on in me and in my family.

7-8-2018



No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...