Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cut the cost of housing and rent in half or more and watch the economy instantly improve and homelessness disappear.

Cut the cost of housing and rent in half or more and watch the economy instantly improve
and homelessness disappear.

Real estate, home / house sales, rental rates for apartments, house, duplexes, condos,
business rent and lease rate reductions are inevitable.
The current ridiculous high rent rates can no longer feed the rich.
$750.00 a month to rent an apartment or an old 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house:
is that feasible if a person works for $7.50 an hour 40 hours a week?
Approximately $225.00 per week take home pay after taxes.
That is $900.00 per month.
900-750=150.

$150.00 left to pay for all utilities (electricity, gas, water, sewer/trash),
car/auto insurance, clothing, insurance for health, food, gasoline for the automobile,
unexpected expenses like auto repairs, miscellaneous like phone/telephone,
cell/ celluar (telephone expense is not included as a necessary cost of living
expense according to the government yet they expect you to have a phone
number they can reach you at if you apply for food stamps, medicaid/medicare/
social security/disability, etcetera)

Empty offices and buildings, vacant houses, unrented apartments are
increasing by leaps and bounds every day.

People who have worked at a job all of their life suddenly lose their job
and soon become homeless, wandering the streets searching for food
anywhere they can find it. They stand around street corners, at intersections
of any street or highway holding up
hand made signs on cardboard asking for money: "Will work for food"

Many nice, polite, normal people who have turned into beggars
have approached me at several places in my neighborhood
asking me if I have 50 cents, a quarter, any spare change or a dollar.
"Excuse me, would you happen to have any extra change, the food pantry
isn't open again until next week. I am trying to help feed my family,"
a young male (a mixed race teenager riding a bicycle)
said to me a few weeks ago as I was leaving Dollar Tree store
at the old Truman Corners shopping center in Grandview, Missouri.

"How you doin? I am sorry to bother you Miss but do you have 50 cents you
could spare?" an elderly (I am guessing in his 60's) black man asked me
as I was going to my vehicle in the parking lot at 87th & Blue Ridge Blvd
in Kansas City, Missouri
where there is Dollar General, Save-A-Lot grocery store and several other
businesses.

I am cautious when I go out, wherever I go, to shop, to look, to walk.
The west side of Bannister & Blue Ridge Blvd has a
Price Chopper grocery store, a laundry mat and a Liquor Store.
I have been approached several times by people asking me for money.
Are they homeless? I don't know.
Sometimes they use a different strategy. They ask me for gas money while
holding a gas can and tell me the story of how they ran out of gas somewhere
close by.  I asked one man where his car was and he couldn't tell me.

I am in no way able to hand out change or money to anyone. I don't have any
extra change to give away. I am scrapping and scraping down to the
bottom of the barrel on everything. I have serious health problems and
am unable to work a full time regular job every day. If it weren't for my
husband who is maintaining the household I would be homeless,
out on the street, begging and searching for food, shelter, warmth
and survival.

"The Wealthy Go Homeless And Walk The Streets" would be a great show
to watch on television if you're rich enough to have a tv to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment