Tuesday, January 9, 2024

How do you deal with an asshole? You don't.

 Conversation with my girlfriend Jacque Giles (Jacqueline) many years ago. Sometime in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 or 2008

We were discussing dealing with certain individuals who are very difficult to get along with

I sincerely wanted to get along, work, do my job and deal with everyone. 

She said it all when she said those two words:  "You don't".

Jacque was born in 1950, December 7 Pearl Harbor Day. Since that conversation she worked then lived with her childhood friend John William Layson.  She was living in a nursing home care facility hospital like environment last time I saw her. I went there one time to visit her and I cried during our talk. I cried after I left and am still crying. That is me. I cry most of the time about tons of things. 

She was a very organized lady. She tried desperately like me to straghten, clean and organize the overwhelming tremendous amount of stuff John the hoarder accumulated during his lifetime.

She failed as I did. John was incorrigible, out of control and could not be stopped from shopping, collecting, storing, shelving, attempting to organize countless "collections" he worked on his whole life. He wanted to collect an unknown number of categories of things.

That was him. A chronic buyer. Stage 4 or 5 hoarder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment