Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Fortunate

 I got to tell Grandma Sarah she was right about almost everything back in 2000, 2001 before she got Alzheimer's and died on December 2 2008 age 91. My eldest son Ricky called and told me she passed away at research hospital in Belton Missouri. I had no idea she was in the hospital. Her birthday is December 22, 1916. We were outside on her patio deck that night in 2001 at her house. It was kind of warm outside. After I told her she was right she said you have nice skin. You're at your prime at 40. 

My dad's last words to me "Okay Sweetie thanks for stopping by". January 27, 2003 the night before he died on the 28th.

He was at home in his adjustable bed set up like a care facility. It was his choice to not go to a hospital or nursing home when he was very ill with type 2 diabetes and liver cancer. Treated at home , all 12 prescriptions from the doctors that did him in , by his wife Dorothy (Dottie) Wilson and my sister Joyce. 

October 2003 was the last time I saw my mother alive. She was at super flea where I worked in the music shop. I gave her a hug and said I'll see you later. December 14, 2003 a police officer came in to super flea that morning around 10 am or so and asked me if I knew a Ruth Foust. I said I did. I'm her daughter. "She passed away this morning" he said.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...