Thursday, May 2, 2024

Knowing what I know now through experiences in over 62 years of life/living

 I would have waited  to have children if I would have had the chance to do so. I might NOT have had children. The curve in my back is so bad now that if I would have known this was gong to happen I would have told myself "You have no business being pregnant and carrying a child full term and then attempting to give birth naturally."

Both pregnancies were sheer unintentional accidents. The only way to prevent pregnancy would have been abstinence. To never allow any sperm to come near by body in any way.

I used birth control. Pills and vaginal inserts. I paid close attention to my periods ever since they began when I was 12 years old. At age 15 my sex life began and I was meticulous at keeping track of the times when ovulation would occur. I had severe pain in either the left or right side as ovulation occurred. I avoided contact with any male a few days before the egg was due to drop.

 

I got pregnant the first time in late March, 1978 at age 16 . My periods had been very irregular for 3 months due to getting a tubal infection thanks to douching with dish soap at the most stupid ignorant advice of my stepmother. She was mentally retarded and I was ignorant of proper vaginal cleansing at that time. Now I know the only acceptable thing to clean with is plain water. 

I went into labor December 23, 1978. The doctor examined me. I was dilated to 5 cm, halfway. Then several more doctors come into the exam room to check my dilation. One doctor said, "We think your baby is breech, the cervix feels soft and we want to get some xrays to be certain. You will need to sign these forms to give us permission to do so as we normally don't xray a pregnant woman."

I signed to form. They took xrays. I saw them and the baby was feet first, head at the top where my diaphragm is. They said "We would like to perform a ceasaeran section. You have never had a child and we feel it would be unsafe for you to try a vaginal delivery. We would have to manually try to turn the baby around into the right position, head first. If we do that there is a good chance you would both die during delivery."

My body endured two ceasearen sections. The long horizontal scar across my abdomen I have is called a bikini cut. My back was curved a little at the time due to scoliosis diagnosed when I was 14. 

In the third trimester of both pregnancies I would fall down while I was walking. My right leg would go numb and I hit the ground several times. In the first trimester I peed the bed uncontrollably. I would wake up laying in a wet bed. Pressure on the bladder I suppose. 

I was so embarassed at wetting the bed. I never did this before and haven't ever done it when not pregnant. I had no idea what was going on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment