Friday, April 17, 2020

If the clothes fit, wear them. Shoes need to fit properly for your feet.

If the clothes fit, wear them. Shoes need to fit properly for your feet.

In most pants, slacks, jeans I still wear anywhere from size 7-8, 8-10
and on rare occassions a 10-12. Depends on the cut and manufacturer.

I am a 58 year old woman and maintain the same size and weight
range that I have had since I was in my teens.  I remember wearing
28/32 jeans when I was 16 years old.  I was 5'6 1/2" and weighed
135 at the time.   Due to scoliosis my height has shrunk/decreased
to 5" 3 3/4" but the weight is the same at 135 average. In the winter
I usually put on around ten pounds and lose it in the springtime
but this season I did not.

Median is size 8-10 in pants and shirts. M (medium) is the median size
I wear.  Lingerie 34B is usual size. Underwear size 6.

Shoe size has increased to 8 1/2 from 7 1/2 in my youth. Found out your
foot gets longer and sometimes wider as you age.  Width is still extra
wide, double e/ EE as it was when I was young.  You can't find this
width size in common shoe stores.  They have to be ordered online.

I am searching for clothes that fit properly and it is not always easy
due to having a crooked back due to scoliosis.

I used to be able to wear a stock size
8 or 10 off the rack with dress pants or jeans that pinch in at the waist.
I still have a small waist and flat belly but that style cuts into my stomach area
around my waist when
I sit down so I need pants that are lower cut below the belly button
or pants that stretch.

When I was 21 I focused on keeping a flat stomach because I noticed
I was hunching over while holding my 2nd baby while I was cooking.
I looked in the mirror and saw a pouch forming from hunching
over after standing like that. It was my second caesarean section
of childbirth.

Grandma's words came to me: "Stand up straight. Put your shoulders back."
She always stood up straight and was in great shape but she had
a little pad of fat in her tummy area she called the middle aged spread.
Not much but what
I saw I didn't like so I said to myself I will never get like that.

She exercised daily, cleaned the whole house daily (3 bedrooms and
3 bathrooms, split level house), did all the household and
grocery shopping and
managed paying all of the bills with Grandpa's money. 
She couldn't work at a regular job when she
was 66 due to having
back surgery for a slipped disc when I was six years old.
She was 45 years older than me.

She cooked all the meals, washed the dishes first
then sanitized them in the hottest water you could get
in the dishwasher,  She did all of the laundry and
cooked all of the meals for family or friends daily
and for the holidays.

She dressed like a million bucks without any flash or outlandish
clothes or outfits. She shopped at the fancy high end retail stores.
Dillards, JC Penney. Macy's.

She used the best skin care and makeup products and perfumes
Estee Lauder, Alexandra De'Markoff, Loreal, Lancome, etcetera.
She moisturized her skin daily with store bought and prescription
creams and lotions.

Our house was orderly, spotless, sanitized and disinfected daily.

Grandma was 5'5" and weighed 108 pounds when she died at
age 91 on December 2, 2008. Born on December 22, 1916.
Her average weight was 125 when she was younger.

I have some of her clothes that I obtained after she died
and I can still wear them.








4-17-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...