Sunday, April 12, 2020

Let's play a word game I said to him. Say anything that comes to mind.

Let's play a word game I said to him. Say anything that comes to mind.

I said hot. He said cold

I said love. He said hate
He said fire. I said ice

I said compete. He said "I don't know what to say.
What is the opposite?"
I said cooperate or collaborate.
He said all I could think of was noncompete or not compete.

Thank you, I said, you just enlightened me as to how
people think. This explains why when one person says something, the
other person thinks of the opposite.

I said Did you know what my favorite subject was in school?
He didn't answer. English. I made
straight A's in it and I am still learning this language. I don't think
I will learn all of the words in my lifetime. It's an ongoing process.

He said, Yes people think in opposites like left right.

I taught my grandson this way, using opposite words/contrasts.
Side to side. Up down. Light dark. Hot cold.
Forward/back. (Push it forward, pull it back when he pushed the
2 wheeler dolly on the patio when he was a year old.)
I taught both of my sons this way.
This is probably how my mom, dad and grandma and grandpa taught me
as well as society taught me how to learn.

I told him I write down words all of the time. Lists of things.
Clusters. Snowball thinking clusters. I will make a new post of
that type of thinking.  Negative, positive, neutral.




4-11-2020





No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...