Monday, March 8, 2021

Dad said, "You're my daughter and I love you just as you are".

My Dad said this one day when I told him I thought he
loved my brothers--all 7 of them-- more than me because
they did the things that men do. They were
naturally interested in electrical work,
heating and air conditioning, mechanical jobs,
machinery and similar technical
jobs, many involving hard manual labor.

I was in my 30's
when we had this conversation. I heard him then
but I still wasn't really listening and didn't
understand until now. 

I had been learning and doing typical mens work
(working in cars, painting and remodeling houses
and the like)
to try to please my father and grandfather
(major influential men in my life) when I was in my teens,
20's, 30's and
more.  Until lately when I have realized
I am a girl, was born female, always was
and always will be as long as I am in this physical body.

this is the main message from all men, not just my 
father and all other male relatives of mine



No comments:

Post a Comment