Friday, March 12, 2021

Personality and basic interests remain the same since childhood.

My own personality and interests have remained the same
throughout my life.

All of the people I have personally known are the same way.
People I have observed in the media and read about
in books also maintain their own personal interests
throughout their entire life.

If I'd have known this truth when I was in my teens
I would have been highly selective about who I chose
to marry or to have a partner relationship with.

The spouse (husband or wife) is the most significant
influence of all in my/your life. You have to live with
and deal with them every single day unless you
separate and live under a different roof.

I'd have been very choosey about my close friends
and more careful about my acquaintances.
I can't control who I will encounter as far as
strangers go and I have no control who my neighbors are.
I don't choose co-workers, either. 

However, I now realize that I can control who I decide
to be close to. I can choose who I spend time with and
how much time i devote to them. 

If I'd have known that

  • people maintain the same core personality 
  • maintain the same enthusiasm for their interests
  • are not going to do what they don't want to do regardless of any coaxing  
I'd have saved myself an entire
lifetime of frustration, misery, headaches, fights,
wars, battles, loss and superimposed feelings of inadequacy. 

"Just don't talk to him", advice given by one very close to me.
"Ignore them and go on about your
business".
"Don't look at the person you don't want
to have anything to do with." 

I have encountered some people who literally
act as if I am a ghost because they don't agree
with anything about me and don't want to
associate with me. They look right through me or
look away, beyond me when I am standing right
by them. They don't care what I have to say and
they have a right to be choosey.  So do I.

I am simply saying I am much happier around
happy people. They do what they want without
imposing upon others. They don't force anyone to
be who they are not.   Happy people don't stop
another person from being creative and being who
they are. They allow others to be themselves and
stay away. 

No company is better than the wrong company.


No comments:

Post a Comment