Sunday, November 5, 2023

Many things i wish i had learned as a child

 many things i wish i had learned as a child

12-30-2018 



health: food diet nutrition


  how to cook


wealth: money management and attaining money and property


wisdom


happiness


  stress management and elimination of unnecessary stress


  appreciation what is and what has been and what will be


socializing


  how to know and understand myself,


relate to different kinds of people


 friends


family 


neighbors


co-workers


bosses


employees at businesses I do business with


strangers I meet when I am out walking, shopping


psychology


 how to read people,  accept myself as i am and 


others as they are 


practice self control instead of thinking i can control everyone and everything around me


freedom


drives of life... what motivates people


the reasons why we think, feel and do what we do


purpose: procreation, replication, sex, self expression, control


recognition, appreciation


necessities :


air first


water second


food third


shelter housing


 clothing


transportation



I repeat this to myself daily: 


I am healthy, wealthy, wise, happy, free and have lots of friends and family.



I grew up in a well meaning family who did the best they could with what


they had. 


However I didn't know anyone who wondered why they thought and


did what they did or how they arrived at where they were.



Dysfunction at its best. Nobody explained to me what was going on.


Nobody knew what was really happening or why


and they didn't want to know why.



I questioned the behavior of myself, my family and other people I knew.


I asked many people why, why, why.? 


Often I was told to shut up, not question anyone and not to


disagree with anyone.


Agreeing with everyone is impossible. I resolved to agree to disagree and


not force my opinions upon others but let them know what I think and


they are free to think any way they want to think. That is okay with me.


I have been told I think too much, am crazy, don't understand


I have been humiliated, criticized, laughed at, minimized, shut out,


ridiculed










No comments:

Post a Comment

Political and religious obsessed people

 I know some of them and they are insane beyond repair They started out young teens and twenties and the zealotry intensified over the years...