Saturday, March 7, 2020

Grandma's words.

Grandma's words.

A man only wants one thing.
Don't become hard, hardened, tough acting or hard hearted.
Stay sweet and innocent.
Be yourself.

Don't tell him everything.
Keep yourself looking good.
Take care of yourself.
I am your best friend. One day you will realize that.

You can be anything you want.
You can have any man you want.
Just ignore them and take care of your business.
Don't ever let anyone put you down.

A good fight clears the air.
Jealousy is dominant in most people.
They're just jealous. That is why they are nasty to you.

Women don't want an attractive woman around their man
and attractive beautiful pretty women have very few girlfriends
and (because) all the guys are chasing them (the pretty ones)
and want a pretty woman.

dont tell him everything
dont let him see everything
dont tell him your secrets
keep a mystery about you

be quiet
don't talk about your past
don't talk about other men in your past or present
fight fire with fire

tell it like it is
don't sell yourself short
birds of a feather flock together
be careful and choosy/picky about who your friends are


She was born December 22, 1916 and raised me for ten years
from the time I was 6 until I was 16.
Wisdom from the Capricorn lady.
108 pounds at 92 years old when she died.
Used to be five foot five inches tall but shrunk due to age.
She was delicate and frail as she aged but had the strength
of 100 mules in her determination.

Always clean, neat, organized, dressed for success.
Drove the best of vehicles.
Ate the best food (she thought was the best at the time)
Moved into a brand new house in 1971 in Belton, Missouri
(the house lived in with my grandparents for 10 years).

She was very sensitive, emotional, devoted to family.
Full of good advice.
She was strong willed and kind hearted however had
narcissistic tendencies in her desire to control others due
to her love for them. She wanted to best for herself and everyone
and didn't quite realize that a person needs to figure things out
for themselves.

In her youth she talked about being happy, carefree, fun loving
and loved to dance.  Her marriage of 57 years to my step grandpa
caused her to become not so happy by being hyper critical,
judgmental, intolerant of differences in others, cynical and
mean and hateful at times.

 Grandpa was attracted to her beauty
and fine spirit in her youth and due to his upbringing and
beliefs he was prejudiced, opinionated, sarcastic and pushy.

He was a very hard worker; stable, steady, an excellent provider
of material things. He was very physical but not spiritual.

He loved my grandma with all of his heart and she told me
he loved me with all of his heart as well. 

I  believe if he would have taken the time to take her out
and have a good time periodically (take her dancing, for
example, one of her favorite things to do for fun)
that she would have been an extremely happy woman.

He would have been a real man who worked, not only at
his jobs, but spent fun time with his beautiful wife to
show her that he loved her... but he didn't take her out to
have fun.  It was all about work, work, work.  He was scared
another man would snatch her up if he did that.

He didn't want to lose her.

I was a child and didn't understand why they were like they were,
why they treated me the way they did. 
Now I understand the protective nature they had over me.

They both wanted the best for me and all of the family members
but didn't know how to express things in a nice and sweet way.
They didn't know how to teach me with kindness. 
They used cliches and phrases out of the bible without 
explaining what they meant. I was so naive, shy
and quiet.  I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

They were so old and knew things I didn't know so they were pushy,
yelling, screaming, often cussing at the world, at me and didn't
know how to allow me to find out things for myself. 
They acted like I should know all of the stuff they knew when
I was just a child. 

3-7-2020
10-3-2020 addendum

No comments:

Post a Comment