Monday, March 9, 2020

I went to New Balance for the first time on March 2, 2020. One pair of athletic shoes fit me out of the entire store.

I went to New Balance for the first time on March 2, 2020.  One pair of athletic shoes
fit me out of the entire store.

The professional sales associate at 119th & Metcalf in Overland Park,
Kansas brought one pair of tennis/athletic shoes for me to try on.
He grabbed the insides of the shoes and stretched the laces
out almost as far as they would go before I tried them on.
I said, "You know what you are doing! That is what I
have to do before I put my shoes on otherwise I can't get
my foot in the shoe."

I put them on and it was the first time in my life I had a pair of tennis
shoes on that didn't hurt my feet.
After researching foot pain and shoe issues I discovered that
a large perentage of people, mostly women, are wearing
the wrong shoe size and end up with terrible foot problems
like bunions, corns, calluses and back problems to go
along with it. Pointed and pointy toe shoes like many dress shoes
are the worst.

He had me stand on a platform and the computer scanned my
feet. It determine I wear an 8 1/2,  2E (Xtra wide) and have the
highest instep/arch on the chart.
Typical women's shoes are a B width which squish my feet to death
from the sides and the top.
As you get older you can a foot size so if you wore a 7 1/2 when
you were in your teens and twenties you will wear at least one
size bigger, 8 1/2, which is true.

The style I need is Women's Walking Shoe 928 Black and they
cost $139.99 (140.00 ; one hundred and forty dollars).

He said Sandals are great to wear. I said, "I prefer to go barefoot
and the next best thing is sandals that have the thing between
the first and second toe so my feet can spread out when I walk.
If it were up to me I wouldn't wear shoes at all. I'd like somewhere
where it is warm and not have to deal with shoes at all."
He said there were no casual shoes in the store that would
accomodate my feet.

3-9-2020




No comments:

Post a Comment