Saturday, October 3, 2020

"If my back looked like that I'd be whining and complaining and unable to do much of anything"

"If my back looked like that I'd be whining and complaining and unable to do much of
anything", our friend Kirk said yesterday after my husband pulled my shirt up and
showed him my twisted spine. The 38 degree curve. MRI and xrays in April, 2019.

I am 5' 3 3/4" due to spine shrinkage and vertebral displacement and weigh 
125 lbs on average. I am slim. Thank goodness. If I had extra weight to haul
around it would be even tougher and more painful than it is.  

Kirk is a few years older than me. He is very slim and muscular.
He can hang onto a tree limb and support his entire body weight like an ape!

I think Kirk is proud of me. Or just amazed?

I said, "I've been working on this for years and can squat like this (legs spread out
like you are supposed to do when squat outside to go to the bathroom) now. 

I can do the splits! I started out by laying on my back and stretching my legs out. 

Several
years ago I couldn't even squat without falling down.  I am dealing with this and
have learned alot over the years and I choose to do something about it instead of
whine and complain. The doctors (M.D.s) just want to prescribe temporary 
pain medications/ prescription drugs (such as tramadol) for a month, over the counter tylenol/acetaminophen or advil/
ibuprofen which I haven't taken since April, 2009, then they want me to wait
until it gets worse. Until it gets so bad they can cut me open to perform surgery
that would cost thousands and thousands of dollars, putting money in their
pockets and not solving the problem, just making it worse."

Kirk came over so my husband could fix things on his vehicle. We talked about
food, health, nutrition, exercise. Natural things. Remedies. 
He talked about lymphatic massage therapy.  I think he is onto something.

It's about air, water, sunshine, food. Proper exercise. Attitude.
Lifestyle. Nature. Nurture. Moderation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment