Sunday, June 23, 2024

I will learn to not eat or prepare food in front of him at home

 Every meal is a fiasco involving one or more of the following bad things:

Him finding something wrong with something about the food and making a long focal point ordeal about what is wrong: not cooked the way he thinks it should be, too spicy, not spicy enough, bland, greasy, dry, too hot/cold, wrong temperature, moldy, not cut into size of pieces he likes , strange flavors smell he doesn't like, too much food, trying to tell me how much food I can eat on my plate, says don't make a pig of yourself, don't eat too much, 

Expects me to like the same food he likes 

Offering me food like cranberry sauce or dessert I don't want with my meal and repeatedly asking me if I want some . I never eat dessert before or during my meal or directly after the meal. I wait awhile usually at least an hour after finishing my food and frequently don't eat dessert at all 

Telling me I use too much salad dressing, bbq sauce, mustard, any sauce especially steak sauce 

Pounding into my head the fact he doesn't like a particular food like the garlic and green olives I bought 

Him playing conspiracy theory videos I don't want to watch 

Me left with dishes and pans and countertops and table mess to clean up 

Him spying on each bit of food I have gauges what it is if he wants some he takes it or says I want some or can I have a bite

Him coming up behind my chair while I am eating and not facing me and often grabbing food off my plate or bowl or saying that looks good I might have some even though I may not have extra for him 

Him reaching over my shoulder grabbing a bag of chips or whatever food it is and eating a few

Him sticking his fingers in my food if I leave the plate on the counter or table while I am busy doing something else and I sometimes catch him doing it 

Him commenting that stinks if I have asparagus parmesan Romano blue cheese seafood boiled crab shrimp fish and continues repeating the complaints as long as he smells it 

Him unable to pay attention to the meal by feeding cats while we eat putting food away before I am done 

Him unable to put all 3 courses of food on his plate before he sits down to eat 

Him grabbing food I am cutting up on the board and eating it before the meal is ready to eat 

Him eating various snacks especially cookies and or bits of chopped veggies fruit cheese while I am fixing a meal putting his hands on the cutting board grabbing my chef's knife 

Him being distracted by his cell phone or something outside or cats or the home phone ringing he immediately jumps up to answer

Him becoming upset if I am experimenting with food recipes and make something he doesn't like then yelling don't waste your time making something unless it tastes good 

He can't listen to any subject I am talking about without changing the subject and or talking about something he sees in the vicinity

Him taking over the bbq grill if I am starting or doing it 

Him making his own bbq sauce concoction and putting it on food that I tell him I don't want. I don't want bbq sauce on hamburgers of mine or ham.  

Worse than add attention deficit disorder. It's control freak I ness

Him saying you should watch this those news videos he knows I don't want to see. Insisting repeatedly badgering. I have already seen plenty of them he forced me to watch 




No comments:

Post a Comment