Saturday, May 30, 2020

Don't send me to do a man's job. Dont expect me to be able to men's work.

Don't send me to do a man's job.
Dont expect me to be able to men's work.
I am a woman. I am a girl, a female. My body is
totally different than a male's body and my mind
is different in many ways.

I am not a contruction worker. I am not a tree trimmer.
I am not an auto mechanic. I am not an engineer.

I have done men's work in the past when the foolish idea
was going around that a woman is equal to a man and
can work like a man and do anything a man can do.
This erroneous idea was pushed into the media and
throughout families when I was a child, a teen and
a young adult. It still exists today. It is still
causing much distress, fights, wars and unhappiness
among people.

I personally experience my own physical abilities and
limitations every day, especially since I have become
older, now age 58. My physical strength is low.  My ability
to lift weight is low, around 10 pounds or so.

My interests are in reading, writing, health, nutrition, finding balance,
reasonable exercise such as walking, dancing and
swimming when I can, sharing helpful information with others,
socializing when I can. Reading books. Very light occasional
sewing of clothes. Cooking. Flexible meal "planning".
Doing the laundry.
Light house cleaning.


I personally witness my husband, now 59 years of old,
using power tools, chainsaws, table saws, using the vice,
using the pressure washer, using air compressors,
lawn mowers, vacuum cleaner repair and maintenance,
heavy duty
equipment, machinery, woodworking tools, planers,
jack hammers, batteries, battery cables, hole punch kits for belts,
tool and die kits, virtually anything involving the creating,
maintaining or destruction of any kind of material property
every day. He cuts wood, splits wood, stacks it, brings it
in the house, stokes the fire. He is a brick layer mason.
He repairs all of our automobiles as well as those owned
by other people we know.
He builds things like sheds, playground equipment at the park.
He knows how to change keys to fit a lock.
He removes and installs doors, windows, siding, flooring,
ceiling, plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning.
He is the handyman to the max. 
It is in his blood.
He is all male. He is a man.

He wakes up early in the morning around 7 to 7:30 am.
I wake up late, anytime, who knows when anymore as
my sleep wake times are very irregular.



5-29-2020
Sarah Wilson Stillwell

No comments:

Post a Comment