Thursday, October 5, 2023

Some take up the interests of their partner and lose their own self

 This can be done and happens often. Results I have seen are devastating. Catastrophic. Miserable.

Some people expect their partner, family, friends, associates to give up their own identity in order to satisfy them. This is called control, domination, dictatorship, master/slave thinking, authoritarianism, narcisism, black and white thinking......

What does this do to the soul spirit of the person who gave up their own interests, passion, hobbies and self identity?

Losing myself into someone else has proven tragic to me.

I cannot be passionate about someone else's passion.

I am only passionate about what drives me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Opened my journal dated 12-26-96

 It begins with cleaning house and simplifying. Same thing i am working on now and have been for countless years. Somehow explains how or wh...